Monday 7 April 2014

Submitted Cards


Well, Winter has arrived, me thinks!! It is a rather cold dismal day today, certainly not an outside day. Just as well I have a lovely warm workroom, just need some mojo now!

 As the title suggests, I submitted three cards for a Cardmaking competition run by Australia Simlpy Cards, back in November, of last year. Believe it or not, yours truely was chosen as one of the runner ups and received a lovely parcel of goodies. The winner was a Queensland lady, Anne-Maree Campbell and a big congratulations goes to her. Another runner up from New Zealand was Michelle Frisby, so as you can see, the competition was fairly stiff!!

Today I thought I would share these cards that I entered, as no doubt some of you will not be getting the magazine.








For this card I have used Curiosity Collection from Kaisercraft which came out in August of last year. The Spellbinders Grand Scallop Circles die was used to cut the card ends and for the centre I have used Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Squares. My favourite colours, of course!!





This collection I really enjoyed working with - Tropicana, a range that came out in December, 2012, of course, again from Kaisercraft. For this card I stamped on acetate, coloured the back of it with my Kaiserfusion pens, added another paper at the back then mounted the framed acetate. The frangipani flowers were moulded and 3D'ed. I used Dimension to put some shine on them.





What would one do without that Cherry Lynn Step Card Die, B348?  Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Pendant Circle die was used to cut the grey circle out. Tilda, from Magnolia Stamps, was coloured again with my alcohol pens. Handmade roses using the Marianne Rose Die and the collection used is Kaisercraft's Lulu & Roy from March 2013.

All today ladies, hope you enjoy seeing what I entered - I sure had fun doing so and the prize was well worth it. Happy crafting to you all and many blessings,

Betsy  xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment