Monday 22 December 2014

Christmas Is Almost Here!

Well blog friends, not many days now until Santa makes his appearance. LOL! I am not so sure about the fat man but I do know it is a wonderful time of the year to remember the birth of the Saviour. Here is a verse that I have come across which I feel is very appropriate for the occasion.

Oh God...
Help us rightly to remember the birth of Jesus that we may share in the songs of the angels, the gladness of the shepherds, and the worship of the wise men. May Christmas morning make us happy to be your children, and I pray that God's presence is especially near to you all this Christmas.

I think the preparations are almost done and I must admit the house smells yummy, what with all the cooking smells. We are going to be having a family gathering down in Dunedin with Jo, Wal and family, who have just returned from overseas and shifted into their new house, so we are all looking forward to that. There is nothing like having family all together over this happy time.

Now, I am going to share some cards with you today and I dare say it will be the last ones before the NewYear as I am planning to go further South for a few days. In our farming days we couldn't leave for holidays as we always had sheep, cattle and dogs etc to attend to, and now, believe it or not, it is the TOMATOES holding one back! Oh well, it doesn't take two of us, to do that duty!







This first card was made for our lovely daughter-in-law who has her birthday three days ahead of mine. It is called a lever card and a tutorial can be found on Splitcoaststampers site, under resources.
I have used the lovely Authentique collection, called Crush.





Another step card using Cherry Lynn Die and the Cherry Blossom collection from Kaisercraft.





John and Ruth celebrated their Golden Wedding a few weekends back and I did enjoy putting this card together for them.The die I have used is Spellbinders Floral Ovals. The photo was on the invitation so I made use of it. Hugh is very fond of his cousin, Ruth and we did have a lovely time with them, at the celebrations.

Must carry on with the good work ladies, here's trusting that your holiday time will be enjoyable and that the weather will be kind to everyone, and you all get spoilt rotten.

Many blessings to you all,

Betsy  xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment