Monday 12 January 2015

Kaisercraft's Blue Bay

Today ladies, I would like to share with you the gorgeous collection that Kaisercraft have put out for January. It is called Blue Bay and it is stunning. I would love to know your thoughts on it.





This first card I have made is a circle step card which is fun to make. I feel sure Splitcoaststampers will have a tutorial on this, under resources. There is one problem making this card and that is, it has to be balanced so as to sit up and I did find the easiest way to achieve this was to cut a very small slice from the centre bottom. Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Pendant die was used to cut the grey circle. I seem to be going through a grey craze at the moment and this collection lends itself to just that.





My second one is very simple but I have used the lovely Tattered Lace die ( which came with their book) to overlay the spotted paper. I do like the effect.





I have gone a bit grungy for this one, distressing the edges of the papers and sponging with sepia. The oval die is a Spellbinders Floral Oval, and Marianne Lamp and Post die was used for the lamp. The lovely bird picture was found on Pinterest. It is a 5 1/4" square card.

Do hope you enjoy seeing some of my latest creations and thank you all so much for taking the time to have a look. At the moment I am working with the best collection ever - BETSY'S COUTURE which Kaisercraft are bringing out in February - Oh ladies, you're going to love this one - it is just super. Well, I think so anyway!! Colours I love, and I'll leave you to guess.

Remember that Artfull Crafts, in Timaru, carry these collections and of course many others. Betsy's Couture isn't available though, until the beginning of February but it wouldn't hurt to do an order now - it is going to be a big seller!! Well, that's my thoughts anyway, for what they're worth.

Must continue with the fun, so happy crafting to you all and many blessings,

Betsy xxx


3 comments:

  1. Christine Franklin23 January 2015 at 23:34

    Hi Miss Betsy, Happy New Year to you and yours. Well I did enjoy having a look at your latest creations today after having been away from my computer for the last couple of weeks. We have been away in the Coromandel at Whitianga enjoying sand, sea and really big surf. The weather has been excellent the whole time and really hot. We were so lucky to have the Pohutukawa's still flowering, a particular favourite of mine. Your cards in the Kaisercraft Blue Bay are indeed stunning and quite beautiful. I have just downloaded and printed out a tutorial for the Circle Step Card from Splitcoaststampers but would like to confirm with you the dimensions and scorelines that you used in your card as you have your steps on the left as opposed to the tutorial having theirs on the right and I suspect your circle diameter may be a little different as well. I feel that your example looks to be in a better proportion as the one in the tutorial appears wider and shallower. Also, I am curious to know what brand of flowers you have used for these cards, the bud flowers especially are very nice. Very much looking forward to your next update.

    Kind Regards

    Christine Franklin
    Stephen.f@xtra.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, sorry I have been so long replying to your comment, and thank you for taking the time to contact me and for your kind comments. The weather here has been exceedingly hot, almost unbearable at times, but I dare say it won't be long until we are complaining about the cold.Now to answer a few of your questions - the circle of the rocker card measures 7" across, 4 1/2" across to the cutting line which measures 3". The score lines for the steps are 1 1/4" above the centre, then 3/4", 1 1/4" and approx 1 3/4". I do hope you can understand this. The flowers I use are mostly Kaisercraft but I do get a number from I Am Roses which is on-line.
      There is no-one infallible, me especially! Actually I made a mistake cutting this out, so hence the steps are on the opposite side - but whose to know!!
      Thanks again Christine, love to hear how you get on with my instructions. Blessings Betsy.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete