Monday 9 November 2015

Playing With New Dies

Good morning all. It is so nice to be back in touch with you again, for another week.

It sure is a busy time of the year with Christmas fast approaching but it is also a lovely time being able to be with all the family. One of our families are heading overseas this year, for their holiday, so we are going to miss them but know they will have a fabulous time. To all intents and purposes, at this stage, we are going to spend time with our Dunedin family, at Wanaka - they have taken pity on the OLDS - so we are looking forward to that.

Here in Geraldine, it is perhaps the busiest week of the year as we have an Arts and Plants Festival weekend and the town sure comes to life. I am tied up with the patchwork display which is always fabulous. It is held in the beautiful St Mary's Church and it is a lovely display of all the quilts etc we have made over the year. We are tired by the end, but we sure enjoy all the hype.

Now, here are a couple of cards I have recently made using some new dies, I have recently acquired.



This is one of the recently released dies from Kaisercraft. I loved it when I saw it at the Retailer's Days in Australia, so was pleased when it arrived. It makes a lovely edging down the front of a card. The sentiment die is a Spellbinder's Label die and I have used Heart's Ease Collection from Couture Creations.





We had a friend over card making with us one day recently and she had this embossing folder which was a free with one of the Card making Magazines. It is lovely. I have embossed it using Pearlized card and it is a lovely effect. The leaves behind the flowers are a die from Couture Creations which, after putting through the E' Bosser, I cut up. I know I will get a lot of use out of this die, as one can never have too many leaves!

All today ladies, I must go and get some groceries and I broke the last needle that I owned for my sewing machine, so will replenish those as well. I can't complete the cushion I am making until I do so and I need it for the display.

Blessings to you all and happy crafting,

Betsy xxx

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful works.All of your projects are amazing,I am wishing you many more years full of carfting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Zeynep for encouraging comments. By God's grace, I am hoping for a few more years yet but we know it is out of our hands. At the moment I am enjoying very good health, as I hope you are too. Blessings.

      Delete
    2. Dear Betsy,
      As a Moslem,I will pray for you for good health and a happy life.God bless all of us.Hugs and love from Turkey.

      Delete