Tuesday 21 November 2017

Change of Hats!!

A special hello to all my blog friends.

Another week has rolled round which makes it very close to Christmas now, but all is good here and it's not long until we see our little grand baby, of course, as well as the rest of the family down South. So looking forward to that part of the festive season!

A very busy weekend was had by all here, what with the Arts and Plants Festival. My duty was helping at times with the Patchwork Display which again was well worth a visit. Also spent a lovely day with Jo and company, at the crop day on Saturday. Thanks again Jo for a great day. Yesterday our two lovely grand daughters, from Christchurch, gave us a surprise visit just to spend some time with the olds. Was such a lovely surprise, so thoughtful but then they are so special to us. Thanks Ella and Heidi - we do love you both heaps.

I showcased a couple of quilts in the show so thought I would give you all a look see today.



This is a bargello quilt, the pattern I found on Pinterest. Really love doing this pattern, I have already done a couple of others in different colours but I must say this colourway is stunning. My lovely friend Ali, quilted it for me on her long arm quilting machine. Not too sure yet who's getting this one!! Maybe the one who sings out the loudest.




This one was a fun one to do - I have tried to use all scraps from previous quilts I have made but must admit there is still rather a lot sitting there. The hexagon flowers are all hand sewn then attached to the base quilt by hand. I really stepped out of my comfort zone here and actually machine quilted it myself. That's what getting a new machine does for one! This is another idea I saw on Pinterest. My word Pinterest has a lot to answer for!! Maybe if you click on the phots you will get clearer images.





Now, just to keep all card makers happy I am adding a card which I have made using Prima's, Zella Teal Collection which is so beautiful. I so love the colours in this range and it also has foiling on certain papers. Gorgeous!.

Think probably I have taken up enough of your time, so will close with many thanks for checking this out, happy crafting or whatever you are doing and may God bless you all.

Betsy  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment