Monday 30 November 2015

More Christmas Cards.

A special hello to all my blog friends.

Well, the countdown is certainly on now, not long until the BIG day. Really, it is only one day in the year but we all seem to feel the pressure, as it gets closer. In the old days, when living on the farm, we had to have the swedes planted by the 25th ( the bosses orders!). My husband was always a stickler when it came to that one and even now, that we are supposed to be retired, we still seem to have deadlines. Oh well, one can be thankful we can still enjoy all the hype and be so appreciative that we can celebrate a wonderful gift that was given us, that first Christmas morning.  "For unto a Son is born, unto us a Son is given." Praise God!

Now today, I thought I would share another three Christmas cards which I have recently made.




This is a 5 1/4" square card, made with the Indigo Blu six inch papers. Card making is very simple when using these, all one has to do is add a few embellishments. The poinsettia is a Penny Black one which I really enjoy using.





Again, using the same papers and the same die for cutting the poinsettia. The leaves for this ones are a Tattered Lace one, as well.





Now, for this card I must admit, I found the idea on Pinterest. What did one do before we had that amazing site!! The embossing folder is one from Couture Creations, Tied Together, CO724399. I have embossed then added pearls. The poinsettia die is a Tattered Lace one. For cutting the sentiment I have used Antique Labels One, from JustRite. This was in a gift I received from Simply Cards, a few years ago. for a competition I entered. The stamp was as well. I do like the effect of using the gold mirror card. Thanks Pinterest.

Must away and prepare the next Christmas kit, for Artfull Crafts. We are having the Christmas Celebrations on Saturday and it is always a lot of fun.

Happy crafting ladies, don't get too stressed out with all the preparations and many blessings to you all.

Betsy xxx

1 comment:

  1. Christine Franklin30 November 2015 at 22:00

    Hello Miss Betsy, Wow! Your Christmas Cards are absolutely stunning, as always your work is very beautiful and I have to say very inspiring. I have always been a fan of the vintage style Christmas ranges and I drooled over your previous Indigo Blu cards that you posted recently. Where do you get their paper pads from - I have not seen their papers stocked anywhere. I am a bit addicted to poinsettias and keep seeing new ones that I really love - yours included. As my son keeps saying - if only Dad knew how much Mum spends on this stuff.... I say men have their sheds/tools gadgets etc. and we have our stash - now if only there was a way to make an extra day in the week just for us to create and not have to attend to everything else.

    ReplyDelete