Monday 15 February 2016

Two Birthday Cards

Good morning ladies.

Sorry I didn't get a post up last week - you know when one gets to my age, and there is a deviation from the usual and one is out of routine, it seems to upset the equilibrium. Being Waitangi Day last Monday, I spent a lovely time with four of my favourite friends, doing, guess what!? Yes, card making at Jenny's stunning home and a fun day was had by all. Thanks so much girls for letting me be part of a fabulous day.

Now today, I thought I would share a couple of cards which I have made recently, the first being an order for an elderly lady who has reached the wonderful age of 100 years. The second is for my lovely friend Jocelyn and I do hope she doesn't mind me sharing it here.




For Margaret's card I have used Blue Fern Studios papers, it is a 5 1/4" square card and the die is a Marianne Design, LR0152. As you will notice I have also used my sewing machine to sew round the edges and then have distressed them. The centre circle I have put through with an embossing folder. Do hope Margaret enjoys her card and a big congratulations on attaining such a remarkable age.







For Jocelyn's card I have made a Peek-a-Boo card, for which a tutorial can be found on Splitcoaststampers. Just google  the site, then go into the resources section and search for a Peek-a-Boo card. The instructions are very easy to follow. There is also a You Tube, so for those people who like visual, you are covered as well. That's me!!
One of my favourite collections, at the moment, is Couture Creations, Hearts Ease and I have used it for this card. Just love the colours and the vintage feel. For cutting the ovals, the Spellbinders Oval and Scalloped Ovals dies were used. For cutting the leaves I have a Couture Creations Intricutz die, CO724096, Evergreen. After putting it through the Big Shot I then cut it apart. It is so delicate for foliage. The image has been sourced from Photobucket. It is a tricky card to photograph but do hope you get some idea.

We are heading down to see our farm and Dunedin families at the end of the week, so are quite excited about that. Just maybe, I will be out of commission next Monday but will sure catch up the following week.

Happy crafting everyone and may you all be blessed.

Betsy  xxx

2 comments: