Monday 7 March 2016

Shared Group Cards

A very good morning to all my blog friends.

Well, what an amazing weekend we have enjoyed at our craft camp, meeting up with old friends and making some lovely new ones. A special thanks goes to Liz again for organizing such a great weekend, and a special mention goes to Cheryl and Megan for all the ideas etc that we were taught and enjoyed. It always amazes me at how so many like minded ladies can get together, from all over the country and how much fun can be had.

Now, even though I am suffering from a nasty head cold ( one would almost call it a MAN'S one! ) I am going to share a couple of cards that I taught with a lovely group at Temuka last week. The first one is a rather fancy one but as there were a few men in attendance, I thought I would do a plainer one as well. One can never have too many sympathy cards around, can they?





I have made this card using one of Prima's gorgeous collections called, Tales of You & Me. I did a little bit of fussy cutting as you will notice, the die is Spellbinder's Floral Ovals and the picture is part of the papers, also the flowers etc are Prima. It is a 5 1/4" square card.





A simple card for this one. Firstly, I put some white card through the big shot with an embossing folder, layered it onto teal card then mounted it onto the main card. For the border I used Martha Stewart's Double Loop Punch and added a strip of pearls. The frame was cut using Spellbinder's Opulent Ovals and one of my favourite sympathy stamps to stamp the message, plus some Kaiser flowers. The group seemed to appreciate the show thankfully and were very taken with the Cuttlebug!

Believe it or not ladies, I have left my bed all made up at Stavely, for my next camp which is this coming weekend. As it is a patchwork camp, I have to put on my other cap, enjoy another group of fabulous friends and change my thinking and working mode! No hardship there, as I do love it, patchwork that is.

Must carry on with the good work, so until next week, happy crafting to you all and many blessings.

Betsy  xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment